“Arlington Baptist College endeavors to prepare men and women for Christian life and ministries, both lay and professional, through studies in Bible, general education, church vocations, and practical service; integrating faith and learning in the context of a Christian world view.“
Arlington Baptist College is accredited by the Association for Biblical Higher Education, Commission on Accreditation.
Arlington Baptist College has planted the education seed in 1925 with a concept of a Bible Institute in Dallas, TX. On this foundation, Dr. J. Frank Norris, pastor of the First Baptist Church in Fort Worth, Texas, began in 1927, the Fundamental Bible Institute. The Institute offered a plan of systematic Bible study via radio and correspondence.
The name of the School was changed in 1945 to Bible Baptist Seminary. Dr. Norris’ death in 1952 left the institution without a “home”, and the classes were transferred to a temporary location in downtown Fort Worth. Dr. Earl K. Oldham was named President in 1953. Under his direction, the School became a four year undergraduate institution, and changed its name to Arlington Baptist College, and offered bachelor’s of Science and bachelor’s of Arts degrees.
During Dr. Wayne Martin’s presidency that started in 1980,, the college attained fully accredited status, completing the accreditation process that had begun in 1975. Dr. Martin continued the College’s pursuit of Christian service and academic excellence while preserving the institution’s original purpose.
Arlington Baptist College Board of directors appointed David D. Bryant as the President of the College effective May 1, 1993. Dr. Bryant continues the academic development and high purpose tradition for Arlington and is a leader who motivates and supports the growth among all servants for Christ.
Arlington Baptist College
3001 West Division
Arlington, TX 76012